Dr. Prathmesh Jain
Dr. Prathmesh Jain is one of the best arthroscopy surgeon in India. He is currently practising as director and Chief Consultant orthopedic surgeon at Advance knee and shoulder Hospital at Ahmedabad, Gujarat. He specialises in knee and shoulder surgery. His special field of interest is arthroscopic surgeries.He is the pioneer of arthroscopic shoulder surgery in gujrat.
He has worked successfully as a consultant orthopedic surgeon at shalby hospital in ahmedabad for more than 6 years before establishing Advance knee and shoulder hospital. Shalby Hopsital is one of the leading knee replacement centers in the world.He is one of the best knee arthroscopist in ahmedabad. He is currently performing more than 700 complex joint surgeries a year.
Hospital address : Advance knee and shoulder hospital ,A31/32 ,circle B ,above pakvan restaurant,4th floor
pakvan crossraods , SG highway,Ahmedabad
Certifications: MBBS(AIIMS) MS(ortho-AIIMS) GMC registration DMC registration Fellowship
डॉ प्रथमेश जैन भारत के प्रसिद्ध ओर्थपेडीक सर्जन में से एक है। डॉ प्रथमेश अर्थरोस्कोपिक और जोड़ प्रत्यारोपण में सिद्धहस्त है। इनकी आरम्भिक शिक्षा AIIMS नई दिल्ली में हुई , इसके बाद आपने USA में एडवांस्ड अर्थरोस्कोपिक एंड स्पोर्ट्स मेडिसिन फ़ेलोशिप की। आपने ८ वर्ष शैब्य हॉस्पिटल में आर्थोपेडिक कंसलटेंट की तरह काम किया।
आप अभी एडवांस हॉस्पिटल अहमदाबाद में डायरेक्टर के पद पर कार्यरत है। घुटने और कंधे की तकलीफ और बीमारियों के लिये आप जाने जाते है। ACL सर्जरी में अपने कई सारी नई तकनीकों का पदार्पण किया है। देश में आपने सर्वप्रथम परोसिन्च आल इनसाइड ACL सर्जरी लॉच की है।
Dr Prathmesh Jain is a knee and shoulder surgeon trained at most premier and prestigious institutes in world. He specializes in arthroscopic surgery. His special field of interest is shoulder and hip arthroscopic surgery. He did his Graduation and Post Graduation from AIIMS, Country's premier institute and stepped on becoming a senior resident there. He has an extremely bright academic record. He is one of the first surgeons in India to do an ACGME accredited Arthroscopy Fellowship in USA. He has a exemplary command to work with complex arthroscopic procedures like knee ligament reconstruction , Shoulder instability surgery and all arthroscopic rotator cuff repair. He is one of the few Indian surgeons formally trained in hip Arthroscopy.Dr Prathmesh Jain has a keen interest in academics and teaching . He has been invited as a visiting faculty at many national and international podiums. He presented a paper at the annual meeting of American society of hand surgery when he was just a resident.Since then he has been invited to share his ideas on his innovations in arthroscopic surgery in numerous conferences all over india. He is one of the pioneers in the country when it comes to treatment of rotator cuff injury with all arthroscopic techniques. Dr prathmesh Jain is the best ACL reconstruction surgeon in gujrat. His patients label him as the best knee surgeon in gujrat and rajasthan ..
ARTHROSCOPY and SPORTS MEDICINE:
Prathmesh Jain completed Shoulder Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine fellowship in USA. This fellowship is accredited by ACGME and recognized by AANA.
During this tenure of fellowship, he had a vast exposure to the art and science of arthroscopy.
SHOULDER: The fellowship focused primarily on shoulder arthroscopy and its therapeutic implications. he mastered the skills of arthroscopic rotator cuff repair, arthroscopic management of shoulder instability including bankart, hill-sachs, SLAP repair etc. He was privileged to get an exposure in treatment of shoulder injuries with pioneers in this field. During this fellowship, he also learned shoulder replacement for intractable shoulder pathologies.
KNEE: He also got a good amount of exposure in arthroscopic knee surgery during the fellowship including meniscal and ligament pathologies. He was involved in a number of autograft and allograft based ligament reconstructions for ACL, PCL and PLC injuries. In addition, he has a good understanding on the therapeutic modalities for chondral injuries including OATS, micro fracture and autologous chondrocyte transplantation.
HIP Arthroscopy: He learnt the technique of hip arthroscopy and its judicious use in selected patients during his fellowship with Dr. Bradford Wright and further potentiated his concepts with Hip arthroscopy with Dr Thomas Byrd, a pioneer in the field.
There are several other aspects of sports injuries on which were stressed during my fellowship, including wrist injuries and their minimal invasive treatment, ankle injuries and chronic ankle instabilities, Elbow injury and instability.
He completed his thesis during residency at AIIMS, New Delhi on the role of arthroscopic synovectomy of wrist in cases of inflammatory arthritis of the wrist. He pioneered wrist arthroscopy in the Indian subcontinent under the guidance of his eminent teachers. He also has an experience of endoscopic carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel release.
He is dealing with all kinds of complex reconstructive arthroscopic surgery of knee and shoulder joint in particular. He is performing a good number of these complex surgeries here and routinely performing knee ligament reconstruction surgery. He is also dealing with a large number of shoulder patients and performing a good number of shoulder reconstructive surgeries. All his follow up cases are doing very well. Besides arthroscopy, he is also exposed to a large number of orthopedic surgery cases as Shalby Hospital is one of the largest volume orthopedic centers in western India. He also assists and helps other subspecialty orthopedic surgeons in their surgeries, specifically Trauma, Arthroplasty and pediatric divisions.
Dr Jain has done a lot of work in rheumatology and treated a number of rheumatoid arthritis patients.He is known as the best surgical rheumatologist in gujrat
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Professional Qualifications & Experience Abroad:
ECFMG Certification No. 0-684-925-1 (Date: Oct 19, 2006)
1. Presidents gold medal for exceptional academic performance in MBBS.
2. D. C. Bhutani medal for securing highest marks in Ophthalmology.
3. Institute prize for highest marks in ObG in MBBS.
4. Merit scholarship for securing 2nd position in the final MBBS. Distinction in Anatomy.
5. Maharana Fateh Singh Award for academic performance, 1998.
6. Maharana Fateh Singh Award for academic performance, 1996.
7. Received Governor’s Award for exceptional academic performance in Secondary Examination.
8. 3rd in Rajasthan Board Secondary Examination.
9. 2nd in State Science Talent Search Examination.
10. Selected for scholarship through National Talent Search Exam conducted by NCERT.
11. Certified among top 0.1% of candidates in Senior Secondary Examination.
12. DBT scholarship for academic performance: Awarded scholarship by the Department of Biotechnology for securing highest marks in biology in India (99/100).
13. 3rd in AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination.
14. 20th in CBSE Pre Medical Examination.
15. 3rd in UPSC Combined Medical Services Examination.
16. 6th in the AIIMS Post Graduate Entrance Examination.
17. 1st in the Senior Resident Entrance Examination conducted by AIIMS in Dec 2006.
During his tenure as a resident in the Department of Orthopedics at AIIMS, he was exposed to a wide variety of clinical scenarios. He got the firsthand experience on a wide spectrum of orthopedic ailments. He can group his training and experience in the following field of orthopedics.
Knee Replacement Surgery: As a resident in AIIMS, he assisted in a wide range of knee replacement surgeries. He has experience in assisting primary and revision total knee replacement surgeies for osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, hemireplacement arthroplasty of hip joint, total hip replacement (both primary and revision, cemented and uncemented) and articular surface replacement. He actively took part in the pre operative patient evaluation including pre anesthetic assessment of the patient, posting the patient for surgery, pre operative templating, arranging for the proper implants and preparing the operation theatre for the surgeries. His training in the MRCS first and second part gave him extra confidence in management of the surgical patients in pre and post operative period. He took deep interest in the post-operative management of the patients following replacement surgeries with an aim of preventing complications of immobilization and to detect any mishap at its earliest. He refined his knee replacement skills acquired at AIIMS during residency and senior residency in his fellowship at Sports, Orthopedics and Spine at Jackson, USA. He was actively involved with surgeons here in primary and revision knee and hip replacement.
Polytrauma and Emergency Medicine: He earned extensive experience in polytrauma management and treatment of complex and neglected orthopedic trauma. He was actively involved in planning and implementation and expansion of emergency services in AIIMS. He has experience with ATLS protocol. He has also cleared the MRCS part, dealing with general surgical principles, intensive care and polytrauma patients.
Microsurgery and Hand Injuries: He is an active member of team on call for management of “Hand Injuries”. He has extensive experience in soft tissue coverage (rotation flaps, pedicled flaps-posterior interosseous flap and Chinese flap, neurovascular flaps, free flaps (lateral forearm and lat dorsii flap), Groin and abdominal flap etc in hand injuries. He has experience in nerve repairs (epineural, perineural, sural nerve grafting and digital nerve repairs), vascularized bone grafting (free fibula, pedicled rib grafts and dorsal, volar radius based grafts), hand fixation using mini fragment titanium screws and plates, dorsal percutaneous scaphoid fixations and vascularized bone grafting into scaphoid, flexor and extensor tendon repairs, nail bed repairs and grafting.
Thesis: “Role of Arthroscopic Synovectomy of Wrist in Cases of Inflammatory Arthritis of The Wrist”, under the supervision of Prof. P.P. Kotwal. It was the first series of wrist arthroscopy from India. We were able to get some very surprising results on Indian patients. It was accepted as a scientific paper in the 61st Annual meeting of the American Society of Hand Surgery (ASSH).
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
1. Fellow Member Arthroscopic Association of North America(AANA)
2. Candidate Member American orthopedic society of sports medicine(AOSSM)
3. Member of Orthopedic Research Society, AIIMS.
4. Member, Indian Arthroscopy society.
5. Member of Indian Federation of Sports Medicine.
6. Life Member AIIMSONIANS.
7. member IFSM
8. Member IOA
EDUCATIONAL COURSES AND WORKSHOPS ATTENDED:
1. Post Graduate Course in Nephrology, Indraprastha Apollo hospital 2001.
2. Symposium on Musculoskeletal Allografts (14th March, 2004, AIIMS, New Delhi).
3. 9th Post Graduate Course, MAMC, 2006.
4. National Conference on Emergency Medicine, New Delhi, 2007.
5. Basic Life Support Workshop, Jackson, Tennesseee.7th Feb 2008
6. Advanced Cardiac Lifesupport Provider Course, Jackson, Tennessee, 8th Feb 2008.
7. Complex Topics in Shoulder Arthroscopy: Rational Approaches to Internal Impingement, Multidirectional Instability, Revision Bankart Repair and Partial Thickness Tears of the Rotator Cuff. Richard K.N. Ryu, MD-Coordinator, Stephen S. Burkhart, MD, Edward G. McFarland, MD, Felix H. Savoie, III, MD.
8. State of the Art in Elbow Arthroscopy: Optimizing Your Technical Approach to the Stiff Elbow, Lateral Epicondylitis and Articular Cartilage Lesions. Felix H. Savoie, III, MD‑Coordinator, Larry D. Field, MD, Michael J. Moskal, MD, William B. Stetson, MD.
9. Hip Arthroscopy Essentials: How to Effectively Introduce the Techniques into your Practice. J.W. Thomas Byrd, MD-Coordinator, Carlos M. Guanche, MD, Victor M. Ilizaliturri, Jr., MD, Marc J. Philippon, MD, Thomas G. Sampson, MD.
10. Optimizing Proximal and Distal Patellofemoral Realignment including Medial Patellofemoral Ligament Reconstruction. Anthony A. Schepsis, MD–Coordinator, Elizabeth Arendt, MD, John P. Fulkerson, MD.
11. Visiting Fellow, Acetabular and pelvis reconstruction unit, Vanderbilt university with Dr Philip Kregor.
12. Visiting Hip Arthroscopy fellow. Dr Thomas Byrd. Nashville.
1. 2nd SIOP-ASIA and 6th National Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, 2002, Delhi.
2. DOACON, 2004, Delhi.
3. DOACON, 2005, Delhi.
4. IOACON 2005, Bombay.
5. 61st Annual Conference of ASSH (Washington DC). 7-9 September, 2006.
6. IOACON 2006, Delhi.
7. Ranawat Orthopedic Association’s Conference, “Advances in Joint Replacement Surgery”, Jan 2007.
8. Annual Meeting Arthroscopy Association of North America 2008, Washington DC, April 2008.
9. Annual conference of Indian Arthroscopy society. Goa, Sept 2008
10. Annual conference of Indian Arthroscopy society, Ahmedabad. Oct 2009
SCIENTIFIC PAPER PRESENTATIONS:
1. Jain Prathmesh, Gupta Vikas, Kotwal P. P., Role of Arthroscopic Synovectomy in Chronic Inflammatory Arthritis of Wrist. 61st Annual Conference of American Society of Surgery of Hand, Washington DC, 7th to 9th Sept, 2006.
2. Jain Prathmesh, Gupta Vikas, Kotwal P. P., Role of Arthroscopic Synovectomy in Chronic Inflammatory Arthritis of Wrist. Annual Conference of Delhi Orthopedic Association, 2005.
3. Jain Prathmesh, Gupta Vikas, Kotwal P. P. Synovitis of Wrist: Are We Missing Tuberculosis. Annual Conference of Delhi Orthopedic Association, 2006.
4. Jain Prathmesh, Nord KD. Use of a Low poaterolateral portal to achieve a better inferior plication in Bankart repair. Annual conference of Indian Arthroscopy society. Sept 2008.
5. Jain Prathmesh. Arthroscopy following total knee arthroplasty: Our experience. Annual conference of Indian Arthroscopy society, oct 2009
6. Jain Prathmesh. A novel technique of all arthroscopic subscapularis repair. Annual conference of Indian Arthroscopy society, Chennai 2010.
7. IOACON 2013, talk on Massive rotator cuff repair in Indobritish Shoulder course.
8. Orthotrends 2014: rotator cuff repair
1. Jain Prathmesh, Gupta Vikas, Kotwal P. P. Role of Arthroscopic Synovectomy in Chronic Inflammatory Arthritis of Wrist. Annual Conference of Delhi Orthopedic Association, 2005
2. Jain Prathmesh, Gupta Vikas, Kotwal P. P. Role of Arthroscopic Synovectomy in Chronic Inflammatory Arthritis of Wrist. 61st Annual Conference of American Society of Surgery of Hand, Washington DC, 7th to 9th Sept, 2006
3. Jain Prathmesh, Gupta Vikas, Kotwal P. P. Synovitis of Wrist: Are We Missing Tuberculosis, Annual Conference of Delhi Orthopedic Association, 2006.
4. Jain Prathmesh, Nord KD. Use of a Low poaterolateral portal to achieve a better inferior plication in Bankart repair. Annual conference of Indian Arthroscopy society. Sept. 2008.
5. Jain Prathmesh. Arthroscopy following Total Knee Arthroplasty: Our experience. Annual conference of Indian Arthroscopy society, Oct. 2009
Designed a booklet concerning osteoarthritis of knee (information booklet given to patients undergoing treatment for osteoarthritis knee)
CONTRIBUTION IN COMMUNITY AND NATIONAL PROGRAMMES: